Acetylene Detection Tubes (0.05 to 4%)
Gastec® Detector Tube No 171 is used for the detection of Acetylene in
air of industrial areas or environmental atmospheric conditions.
Tube No 171 can also be used for the detection of the following chemicals and substances: Benzene, Ethylene and 1,1,1-Trichloroethane (See Data Sheet).Acetylene
- Measuring Range of
- 0.05 to 0.1% - 2 pump strokes
- (0.1) to 2% - 1 pump stroke
- 2 to 4% - 1/2 pump stroke
- Sampling Time: 45 seconds per pump stroke
- Changes from White to Brown
- 3 Year Shelf Life
- TLV-TWA, C (ACGIH) (ppm): 200
- Comes in a Box of 10
- Store the tubes in a cool and dark place.
- Reaction principle: HCCH + I2O5→ H2S2O7 + I2