Acrylonitrile Detection Tubes (0.1 to 18 ppm)
Gastec® 191L Low Range Acrylonitrile Tube.
This detector tube measures Acrylonitrile. Other substances measurable with this detector tube are n-Butyronitrile, 2-Methyl-3-butenenitrile, 2-Pentenenitrile, and 3-Pentenenitrile (See data sheet).
- Measuring Range:
- 0.1 to 0.2 ppm - 4 pump strokes
- 0.2 to 6.0 ppm - 2 pump strokes
- 6.0 to 18.0 ppm - 1 pump stroke
- Sampling Time: 2 minutes per pump stroke
- Changes from Yellow to Pink
- 3 Year Shelf Life
- TLV-TWA, C (ACGIH) (ppm):
- Reaction Principle:
- Pretreatment tube: CH2:CHCN + Cr6+ + H2SO4 → HCN
Detector tube : 2HCN + HgCl2 → 2HCl + Hg(CN)2
HCl + Base → Chloride
- Store the tubes at a cool and dark place.
- Comes in a Box of 5 pretubes and 5 detector tubes