Tychem 10000 FR Level A Encapsulated Suit (NFPA 1991) w/ Expanded Back, Front Entry
DuPont Tychem 10000 FR Encapsulated Level A Suit. Certified to NPFA 1991. Expanded Back, Front Entry. 4 Layers: Polycarbonate 20 mil / PVC 20 mil / Teflon FEP 5 mil / PVC 20 mil. Attached Dual Layer Gloves, Internal: North Silver Shield / 4H External: Neoprene. Separate Kevlar Knit Over Gloves Included. Attached Socks with Outer Boot Flaps. Double Storm Flap with Hook and Loop Closure. Two Exhaust Valves. Triple Taped Seams. Silver.
DuPont Tychem 10000 FR NFPA 1991 (2005 edition) certified suits were one of the first limited-use garments to be certified to NFPA 1991 (2005 edition) in a single-skin construction. Tychem 10000 FR garments are composed of a patented, heavy-duty aluminized fabric made of a DuPont Nomex/DuPont Kevlar blend laminated to a multi-layer barrier film. This unique combination of layers provides excellent physical strength and cut and abrasion protection. Ideal for industrial chemical, HazMat response and military applications including chemical warfare agents.
- Patented design certified compliant to the 2005 edition of NFPA 1991, Standard on Vapor-Protective Ensembles for Hazardous Materials Emergencies, without requiring overgarment. Compliant with Base Requirements and Chemical Flash Fire Protection Option and Liquefied Gas Protection Option Requirements of NFPA 1991, 2005 edition.
- Encapsulated Level A garment design is our highest level of protection from liquid splash and vapor/gas exposures for both the wearer and respiratory equipment.
- Triple taped seams provide strong chemical resistance against heavy liquid splashes. A sewn seam is covered, both inside and outside of garment with compatible chemical-resistant material by heat-sealing.
- Standard width, three layer (PVC 40 mil/Teflon 5 mil/PVC 20 mil) face shield
- Front entry design allows wearer to partially don garment (maintain standby position) without assistance.
- Expanded back to accommodate self-contained air breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Vapor tight zipper. Extra long to increase garment opening and aid donning and doffing.
- Storm flap covers zipper which can be secured by the wearer with rugged hook and loop material to prevent intrusion at zipper.
- Three component glove system: Inner North Silver Shield / 4H glove provides broad range chemical protection, middle Neoprene gloves provide mechanical and physical durability to protect inner SilverShield glove and outer knit glove made of Kevlar for abrasion and cut resistance.
- Integrated socks composed of garment material
- Attached flaps are designed to cover boot tops to help reduce potential for liquid intrusion
- Two exhaust valves release higher pressure inside encapsulating garments while simultaneously helping to prevent inward leakage of external vapors or particles into the garment. One-way are positive pressure and open on demand. Valves include splash covers made of barrier material to help prevent liquid intrusion. Valves are located on left back of head and right lower back.
- Internal adjustable waist belt system for support and improved fit.
- Each suit has a unique serial number and is fully tested at time of manufacture including positive air pressure integrity testing per ASTM F1052.
Available Options - Please call for details:MSA Dual purpose (495560) w/ Foster fitting (left side)MSA Quick fill (80311) (right side) w/ cover*These suits are made to order and cannot be returned or cancelled once the order has been placed. Lead times vary but can be up to 90 Days.
||Encap. Level A, Expanded Back, Front Entry. Certified to NFPA 1991 Suit.
||S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X, 4X
||1 / case