Tychem 10000 Level A Encapsulated Suit (NFPA 1994, Class 2) w/ Expanded Back, Front Entry
DuPont Tychem 10000 Encapsulated Level A Suit. Certified to NFPA 1994, Class. 2. Expanded Back, Front Entry. Extra-Wide Visor, 3 Layers: 40 mil PVC / 5 mil Teflon / 20 mil PVC. Attached Dual Layer Gloves, Internal: Multi-layer laminate / External: Neoprene. Attached Socks with Outer Boot Flaps. Double Storm Flap with Hook and Loop Closure. Two Exhaust Valves. Double Taped Seams. Lime Yellow.
Tychem 10000 exhibits excellent chemical barrier properties and offers an extremely durable fabric that is puncture- and tear-resistant. Tychem 10000 fabric shows at least 30 minutes of barrier protection to 322 challenge chemicals with no observed breakthrough. Tychem 10000 is specifically developed for protection against toxic, corrosive gases, liquids and solid chemicals.
This high-performance chemical barrier fabric is suited for industrial, HazMat, and domestic preparedness applications.
- Certified compliant to the 2012 edition of NFPA 1994, Class 2 Standard on Protective Ensembles for First Responders to CBRN Terrorism Incidents by an independent third party certification organization
- Class 2 garments are designed for situations where there is an immediate danger to life and health (IDLH) and must be worn with a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). This is the highest level of protection under the NFPA 1994 standard.
- Encapsulated Level A garment design is our highest level of protection from liquid splash and vapor/gas exposures for both the wearer and respiratory equipment.
- Double taped seams provide strong chemical resistance against heavy liquid splashes. A sewn seam is covered, both inside and outside of garment with compatible chemical-resistant material by heat-sealing.
- Expanded faceshield provides wide 220 degree viewing angle. EX faceshield is three-layer laminate composed of 40 mil PVC/5 mil Teflon /20 mil PVC
- Front entry design allows wearer to partially don garment (maintain standby position) without assistance
- Expanded back to accommodate self-contained air breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Vapor tight zipper. Extra long to increase garment opening and aid donning and doffing
- Storm flap covers zipper which can be secured by the wearer with rugged hook and loop material to prevent intrusion at zipper
- Attached internal gloves composed of five layer laminate film for a broad range of chemical protection
- Neoprene gloves provide mechanical and physical durability to help protect inner gloves
- Integrated socks composed of garment material
- Attached flaps are designed to cover boot tops to help reduce potential for liquid intrusion
- Two exhaust valves release higher pressure inside encapsulating garments while simultaneously helping to prevent inward leakage of external vapors or particles into the garment. One-way valves are positive pressure and open on demand. Valves include splash covers made of barrier material to help prevent liquid intrusion. Valves are located on left back of head and right lower back.
- Internal adjustable waist belt system for support and improved fit
- Each suit has a unique serial number and is fully tested at time of manufacture including positive air pressure integrity testing per ASTM F1052.
This item is made to order and cannot be returned or cancelled once the order has been placed. Due to high demand, lead times can vary.
||Encap. Level A, Expanded Back, Front Entry, Certified to NFPA 1994 Class 2 suit
||M, L, XL, 2X, 3X, 4X
||1 / case