NIMS/ICS Area Command Vest Kit
Area Command is an expansion of the incident command function, primarily designed to manage a very large incident or area that has multiple incidents. An Area Command can be established at any time that incidents are close enough that oversight direction is required among incident management teams to ensure that conflicts do not arise.
Separate from an EOC, the function of the Area Command is to develop broad objectives for the impacted area and coordinate the development of individual incident objectives and strategies. In addition, Area Command will set the priorities for the use of equipment and manpower available to the area.
- 9 Position Vests:
- Area Commander
- Assistant Area Commander
- Assistant Area Commander Logistics
- Area Commander Critical Resource Unit
- Area Commander Liaison Coordinator
- Area Commander Aviation Coordinator
- Assistant Area Commander Planning
- Area Commander Situation Unit
- Area Commander Information Officer
- Responsibility Cards for Each Position with Clipboard and Pen
- Durable Carry Bag