Radiation Alert Monitor 200 Compact Radiation Meter
The Monitor 200 is a digital radiation monitor that measures alpha, beta, gamma, and x-rays. The meter shows radiation levels in CPM, CPS, μSv/hr, mR/hr, or in accumulated counts. The unit has a digital display, a red count light, and a beeper that sounds with each count detected. Other features include an adjustable timer, and selectable alert.
The free Observer USB Software allows for the user to set computer alarms, calibrate the instrument, and download collected data from the internal memory for easy reporting
- Includes Carrying Case, Xtreme Boot, Lanyard, Stand, Batteries, Mini-USB Cable, Observer USB Software Download, Certificate of Conformance
- Two AA alkaline batteries (included)
- 1 year limited warranty
Detector: Halogen-quenched GM tube with thin mica end window. Mica window density 1.5-2.0 mg/cm2. Effective window diameter is .360 inch. Side wall is .012 inch thick.
Operating Range: mR/hr - .001 (1µR) to 200 mR/hr
- µSv/hr - .01 to 2000
- CPM - 0 to 235,400
- CPS - 0 to 3923
- Total Counts - 1 to 9,999,000 counts
Accuracy: Typically ±15% from factory, ±10% (NIST)
- 1070 CPM/mR/hr referenced to Cs137
- Detects alpha down to 2.5 MeV; typical detection efficiency at 3.6 MeV is greater than 80%.
- Detects beta at 50 keV with typical 35% detection efficiency.
- Detects beta at 150 keV with typical 75% detection efficiency.
- Detects gamma and x-rays down to 10 keV typical through the window, 40 keV minimum through the case.
Anti-Saturation: Readout will OVERRANGE in radiation fields as high as 100 times the maximum reading.
Selectable Alert Set Range: mR/hr .001 - 100 and CPM 1 - 350,000. Pulsating beeper sounds the alert. Adjustable alert levels are used for mR/hr / CPM, and µSv/hr / CPS. 70db @ 1m. Alarm will sound when in Timer Mode when set alarm threshold is reached.
Display: Graphic LCD with Backlight.
Count Light: Red LED flashes with each count.
Audio Indicator Sounds with each count (can be switched off for silent operation)
Outputs: USB for use with Observer USB Software Family
Power Requirements Two AA alkaline batteries (included). Approx. 800 hrs @ background.
Size: 140 X 68 X 33 mm (5.5 X 2.7 X 1.3 in.)
Weight: 6.4 oz (0.4 lbs.)
Options: NIST Calibration
Limited Warranty: 1 year limited warranty