PSS 5000 w/ Sentinel 7000 (NFPA 2013 Edition)
To be effective at fighting fires, you need breathing protection you can trust in the harshest environments. The Draeger PSS 5000 is an ergonomically advanced SCBA that offers increased comfort, safety and performance. With a wide range of configurable features—such as bilateral hose routing and quick cylinder connection—the PSS 5000 meets your needs wherever breathing protection is required.
Proven technology combines comfort with performance
The Dräger PSS 5000 SCBA is designed to withstand the high wear and tear that firefighters face daily—while providing an enhanced level of comfort and functionality. The harness is made of a tough chloroprene rubber material that performs for the long term. A heavy-duty stainless steel buckle and long-life Aramid blend webbing make this harness ideally suited for extended wear and frequent use.
For outstanding comfort, the flexible harness connects to a lightweight, stable backplate, while a pivoting waist belt helps reduce pressure on the wearer.
The PSS 5000 SCBA offers:
- Outstanding resistance to heat, impact, and chemicals
- Easy maintenance and service
- Integrated, versatile hose routing
- Wide variety of system configurations and accessories
- Choice of electronic monitoring options: Dräger Sentinel 7000 or 1500
Integrated systems reduce risk and increase versatility
To minimize the risk of damage or snagging, the Draeger Sentinel 7000 or 1500 electronic system and air supply hoses are integrated into the backplate. To further streamline the harness, the lung demand valve (LDV), Dräger Sentinel system, and rescue hoses can be routed over the shoulders (two hoses per side). Conventional waist-mounted hoses can also be fitted to the carrying system, making the Dräger PSS 5000 one
of the most versatile SCBA systems available.
Easy maintenance to lower cost of ownership
The following features keep Dräger PSS 5000 downtime and maintenance costs to a minimum:
- Innovative slide-and-lock mechanism for fast and easy harness assembly and disassembly
- Harness detaches from the backplate without the use of tools
- First stage reducer snap-fit connection allows pneumatics to be fitted or removed quickly and easily
- Hose clips push in and out to allow swift removal of hoses from the harness pads for cleaning
- Chemical-resistant harness and waist belt design prevent excessive water absorption and reduce cleaning and drying time
- Standard batteries, no manufacturer-required overhaul, and few replacement parts contribute to a lower total cost of ownership over the life of the SCBA
Integrated safety systems monitor air supply time
Draeger understands that your department has specific requirements and budgets. That’s why we offer modular Sentinel electronic monitoring systems that provide options to satisfy the needs of any department. Housed in impact- and water-resistant casings, these monitoring systems demonstrate excellent reliability in both laboratory testing and field use.
Each Dräger SCBA can be outfitted with a monitoring system that features:
- A PASS device
- Visual and audible warnings and alarms
- Streamlined design that reduces snag points
- Intuitive push-button operation for ease of use
- Configurable settings to suit individual preferences
- Data logging for improved post-incident analysis
Draeger Sentinel 7000—Real-time monitoring of key indicators
Incorporating a centralized power supply and pressure sensor module within the backplate, the robust system combines maximum component protection with balanced weight distribution for reduced physical stress.
An electronic gauge provides real-time monitoring of essential information, including:
- Accurate, continuously updated digital display of pressure and time to EOSTI activation (time based on dynamic breathing rate
- Battery status display
- 360° visual and audible alarms triggered when PASS is activated
- Automatic self-tests and system tests
- Enhanced data logging with personal ID