Polytest Detection Tubes - Qualitative
For short-term measurements more than 160 Draeger Tubes are available to measure the so called spot concentrations of specific gases.
A wide range of different gases and vapors can be detected and measured, such as:
- Determining and measuring concentration peaks
- Measuring personal exposure in the inhalation area
- Detecting leaks in pipelines, gas installations etc.
- Air analysis in sewers, shafts and confined spaces
|Standard Measuring Range:
||Qualitative determination of easily oxidable substances.
|Number of strokes n:
|Time for Measurement:
||approx. 1.5 min.
||white ──> brown, green or violet (depending on substance)
||0 to 50 °C
||max 50 mg H2O / L
||CO + I2O5 ──> I2 + CO2
||Based on the reaction principle, many easily oxidised compounds are indicated, several examples are shown below:
Methane, ethane, hydrogen and carbon dioxide are not indicated
- 2000 ppm acetone 10 ppm acetylene
- 50 ppm ethylene 1 ppm arsine
- 10 ppm octane 50 ppm benzene
- 500 ppm propane 100 ppm butane
- 5 ppm carbon monoxide 10 ppm styrene
- 1 ppm carbon disulfide 20 ppm perchloroethylene
- 2 ppm hydrogen sulfide 10 ppm toluene, Xylene
||If there is no reading, this does not always indicate that easily oxidizable substances are not present. In the individual case, the use of Dräger Polytest should be qualified by independent methods, particularly when combustible gases and vapors close to the LEL, or toxic substances are suspected.