Fido X2 Explosive Trace Detector
The FLIR Fido X2 is an ultra-lightweight, handheld explosives trace detector (ETD). It provides an unprecedented combination of sensitivity, speed, and ease of use. Its award-winning TrueTrace™ technology detects threats with higher sensitivity and faster clear-down than similar products.
Fido X2 performs fast ten-second analysis and provides cost-effective operation with reusable sampling swipes. On-device video training provides real-time help
and reduces the cost and logistical burden of recurrent training. With thousands of units fielded in over 40 countries, Fido X-series products are the most trusted handheld ETDs for critical security applications.
Fido X2 is used by law enforcement in random or entry control checkpoints or during elevated threat patrol.
- Broad, class-based identification
- Detects multiple types of homemade, commercial, and military explosives with a
- More sensitive than other products in its class
- Reusable sampling swipes
FAST, TRUE TRACE DETECTION
- Analysis in less than ten seconds
- Rapid clear-down within seconds
- Fast three-minute start-up
- No radioactive ionization source or hazardous chemicals
SIMPLE, GUIDED OPERATION
- On-screen prompts
- Simple go/no-go alarms
- On-device video training
- Ultra-lightweight <1.5 lbs (680 g)
FIDO X2 STARTER KIT: Includes the handheld Fido X2 in a small storage case containing a rechargeable lithium-ion battery (1), battery charger, Reference Standards (1), wrist strap, Fido X2 Quick Start Guide, and a small amount of consumables. The Fido X2 is covered under a one-year warranty and this option also includes the Fido X2 Quick Start Guide and access to the On-Line Training Course. Consumables in the kit include:
- Five X2 Sensing Elements.
- Fifty Sampling Swipes.
FIDO X2 ASSURANCE KIT: A more comprehensive option, the Fido X2 Assurance Kit includes the handheld Fido X2 in a custom hard case for transport and storage, including: Two rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, battery charger, car charger, USB cable, spare inlet tip, two Reference Standards, Maintenance Kit, carrying strap, Fido X2 Quick Start Guide. The Fido X2 is covered under a one-year warranty and this option also includes the Fido X2 Quick Start Guide and access to the On-Line Training Course. Consumables in the kit include:
- Ten X2 Sensing Elements.
- One hundred Sampling Swipes.
SAMPLING & ANALYSIS
- Technology: FLIR TrueTraceTM; multi-channel fluorescence technology; no radioactive source
- Sample Introduction: Sampling swipes for surfaces.
- Sample Phase: Trace particulate
- Threats: Detects homemade, commercial, and military explosives
- Sampling & Analysis: Analysis ≤10 seconds
- Display & Alerts: Visible, audible, and haptic (vibration) alerts; vivid, sunlight-readable color display (32k colors)
- Localization: Language translation available worldwide
- Communication: USB 2.0 (Mini-USB)
- Data Storage: 10,000 discrete files; First-in, First-out (FIFO) automatic overwrite
- Data Management: On-device report generation; export to mass storage
- User: Levels Operator
- Input: Voltage 100-240 VAC (wall adapter supplied); runs device and charges battery
- Battery: Specs Rechargeable and swappable Li-ion battery; adapter included
- Startup: Time 3 minutes from cold
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 113 °F (0 to 45 °C)
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: 14 to 122 °F (-10 to 50 °C)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 12.7 x 3.9 x 2.8 in (32.2 x 10.0 x 7.2 cm) - with battery
- Weight: 1.5 lbs (680.4 g)
- Enclosure & Protection: Flame retardant PC-ABS alloy with aluminum reinforcements